Thursday 22 August 2013

Forgiveness

Is it often a problem for some of us to forgive others? or do we find it even harder to forgive ourselves? I have been in a few situations where it was so hard for me to forgive some people. However, I find it even harder to forgive myself. I seem to dwell in my sins to the point where I despair. I know that the feeling of despair is not of God and I am trying to let go. For the past few days, I have not been proud for myself and my life seems to be drifting away from God. The truth is I never want to be away from God anymore. I feel like my soul has become the 'servant' of my body. For me personally, being a Christian is hard in every way because we, as Christians, no longer conform to the world. Jesus has died for us so that we might have the eternal life. That is why the Lord asks us to forgive seventy times seven times a day. The truth is living the holy life in such a wounded world is not easy. I don't want to be accustomed to sins and everyday I fear that I no longer feel guilty when I sin against such a loving Lord. It is important for us to admit our faults to God and say sorry. In the same way, we have to forgive others with a loving heart just as how God has forgiven us.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment