Thursday 25 July 2013

The power of novenas

I have always believed in the power of praying novenas. Our Holy Mother Mary and the Apostles are great witnesses to the power of praying novena prior to the descent of the Holy Spirit. In times of trouble, I pray 3 Hail Mary's novena, Novena to the Sacred Heart, Novena to St. Jude, Novena to St. Anthony of Padua, as well as Novena to St Gabriel. The prayers of the Saints are so powerful. Thus, I humbly asked them to pray with and for me, as my prayers are far from perfect, being a sinner that I am. I've learned that the mercy of God is far beyond my imperfections. What a generous God we have. From my experience, God has given me MORE than what I could ask for. I must say that I despair sometimes, but that is only because I forget that God cares for me. He has taken away heavy burdens in my life and I am very grateful. Praying the novenas are not merely about petitions, but I think it's also about our love that we express to God, His wonderful Mother, and His holy Saints.

I definitely encourage you all to pray the novenas even after your prayers are answered. God bless you and have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment