Wednesday 22 May 2013

Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament




Today, the Blessed Sacrament was exposed for an hour in our Church. I always try to go every week, once or twice a week. There are not that many people who come to visit Jesus during these times, usually I see about 4-5 people in the Church. I love it there, it's so peaceful and I can feel the Lord's presence in the midst. Unfortunately I couldn't be there for more than 5 minutes. My partner was driving me to the Church and I had to hurry up because he has to go home and study for his upcoming exam. I talked to Jesus briefly and I said "Lord, sorry I can't be here for long. My attendance today is an expression of gratitude for all You have done for me and my family. So I'd like to offer up 6 Our Father's, 6 Hail Mary's, and 6 Glory be's". So I prayed and I know the Lord is pleased. I love Jesus and I try to do what I can to please Him. Sometimes, I offend Him by committing all sorts of sins, but I know He forgives me. Although I know that my love for Him is still on the 'lukewarm' side, that's okay. Jesus knows I want to love Him more and more each day. I try to offer up my activities, my feelings, and my entire life to Him. For now, I will keep on asking our Lady to bring me closer to Her Divine Son.

If you have spare time, even though you only have 5 minutes, see Jesus. Don't we all want to make Him happy, not because of what we could get in return, but just because He's so good to us and He loves us so much. He wants us to visit Him :)


No comments:

Post a Comment